List:       linux-java
Subject:    Re: Java Web Server1.1 on Linux
From:       Joel Shellman <joel () trafficx ! com>
Date:       1998-10-30 17:10:06

I am just attempting to set up the JWS on Linux. I noticed there is
already a thread about it and so I thought I'd jump in and ask the same
question because it isn't working for me either.

I'm using Redhat 5.1.

If I try to run that diff patch, it doesn't find the file
startup_wrapper. After running the patch, running the:
cd native; make -f Makefile.lnx install

results in the error:
Makefile.lnx:45: *** missing separator.  Stop.

I did go in and do the diffs by hand on the Makefile, but then I got
errors during the make because the other diffs didn't work on the other
.c files.

Also, nearly all the Hunks fail in the patch process.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joel Shellman
TaoTree, Inc.