List:       linux-fsdevel
Subject:    How Inode cache and Directory Cache are maintained By VFS of Linux Kernel
From:       aniruddha jahagirdar <sun_stove () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-02-23 7:05:37

We r developing  new filesystem  which is to be
registered with linux
kernel(i.e VFS Layer). We know , how to register file
system with VFS
layer.But we do not know the working of inode cache
and directory
cache. Can anybody tell us or give links to get the
information
regarding detail working of inode cache and directory
cache inside
linux kernel(VFS Layer).

We r going to develop filesystem which will not have
any device,
instead it will bring the file data from the remote
server.In short we
r developing Storage Virtualization Engine.We have
implemented our propritery protocol which funtions
similar to NFS protocol , only it stores file on data
servers in different way.