List:       linux-doc
Subject:    Re: The Kernel WikiWiki
From:       Daniel Phillips <news-innominate.list.linux-doc () innominate ! de>
Date:       2000-09-30 17:27:08

Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> This is a preview announcement of the Kernel Documentation WikiWiki I
> have just added to the Kernelbook website.  For those who have not
> used a WikiWiki before (WikiWiki is the Hawaiian word for "quick") it
> is an ultra-fast method for compiling knowledge into a dialog.  It's
> somewhat like a FAQ-o-matic, only it is so simple, real people can
> actually use it.

I hope this takes off - it's a good concept.  It's definitely a good
idea to reserve rights to edit all contributions - the linux hacker's
guide was basically a FAQ-o-matic with no posting restrictions, and it
eventually drowned under an avalanche of malicious spam (conspiracy
theorists cordially invited to insert theory here).

Two requests.

  - As you will see, I inserted a little content here:

http://kernelbook.sourceforge.net:80/wiki/?KernelProgrammingResources

    and I included some html.  It didn't work; I expected it to work.

  - I didn't find any place to insert a credit to myself.  I think
    that's pretty much essential.  Many contributors might not bother,
    but it's nice to know you can enter it if you want to.

--
Daniel
-