List:       linux-crypto
Subject:    Re: loop-AES supported ciphers
From:       Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr () hvrlab ! org>
Date:       2002-02-28 8:58:58

hello!

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 22:00, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> So many people have asked about more ciphers for loop-AES that next release
> may have additional extra-ciphers package with at least serpent, blowfish
> and twofish ciphers.
...you may consider changing loop-AES name to something more generic
then ;-)

anyway, I can't help thinking that you're in the process of recreating
the international kernel patch....

ps: ...are you aware of any data corruption problems with loop-AES in
combination with XFS on SMP boxes under high IO load? if I get the time,
I can try to recreate the issue with 2.4.18; it was present w/ 2.4.16
the last time I checked, and it affected both, loop-AES and patch-int...

> I copied and audited serpent and blowfish from cryptoapi, and took twofish
> from SuSE kernel sources. Just for the record, blowfish implementation in
> cryptoapi on little endian boxes is not straight blowfish, but some
> mutated-byteorder-variation. Cryptoapi blowfish on big endian boxes
> implements blowfish correctly.
btw, that's a known problem (see this mailing lists archives for more
details); when it was detected it was too late, thus left so, since it
would have broken existing encrypted volumes...

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: hvr@hvrlab.org       /    Finger hvr@gnu.org for GnuPG Public Key

-