List:       linux-btrfs
Subject:    Re: How to view transaction log chronologically, human-readable?
From:       Marcel Partap <mpartap () gmx ! net>
Date:       2014-04-23 16:34:42

> I am not a "dev", but since BTRFS utilizes a COW (Copy On Write)
> architecture, it doesn't keep a journal or history of transactions
> that can be unwound.
Ok, thanks for making that clear, I wasn't aware of that.
But shouldn't the chain of recent root trees kinda allow similar
functionality?

> It sounds like you've effectively tried this manually, but here's a
> link to an btrfs undelete script that also makes use of
> btrfs-find-root and 'btrfs restore':
Actually I was using that script as a starting point.. Unfortunately,
the files I was looking for were nowhere to be found..
From a journal-type functionality I was hoping for a way to actually see
the most recent file system actions..
Is there no hope to recreate that information from the roots
btrfs-find-root comes up with?

#Regards