List:       linux-atm
Subject:    ATMARP Feature Request
From:       Joe Gooch <goochj () cliu ! org>
Date:       2000-06-29 20:48:40

When a host has been down off of my CLIP segment for awhile, but the host is
in the resolving or expired state, the counter seems to continue to
increment higher and higher:

atm0  SVC LLC  7879 192.168.0.141   (expired, ref 2)

At which point a later registration to the ATMARP server with that IP
address is ignored.  It shows up in atmarp -a, but not in /proc/net/atm/arp.
atmarp -d has no effect.

Could we have a feature to clear the atmarp cache?  ifconfig down does it,
but i think it would be nice to have a function to just clear the cache.  Of
course if this little bug gets fixed that's a better solution :)

Joe Gooch
Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit