List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    pppd on arm-linux
From:       Tobias <tobiasarp () web ! de>
Date:       2005-11-25 12:30:33

Hi,

i try to use ppp-2.4.1 on my edb9315 board. I am using kernel 2.6.13. My modem
is a pcmcia umts /gprs card (Merlin U630) which is succesfully detected on my
pcmcia interface. The card does response on AT commands. So the serial_cs
driver is loaded correctly. But when i call

pppd call o2

i only get the message:  Connect script failed.

The same scripts and the same card are working on my laptop with pppd
version 2.4.3. I tried to use this version on my board but i cannot
cross compile it. I seems so that no command is send to my card while
running the connect script. Has someone a working binary of pppd and chat
so i can try them? Or can someone give me a hint how to cross compile
pppd-2.4.3. I am using arm-linux-gcc 3.4.1 with glibc 2.3.2.

Regards

Tobias