List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: problem with memory initialization
From:       Sascha Hauer <s.hauer () pengutronix ! de>
Date:       2005-11-25 10:54:24

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 10:04:37AM +0100, Krzysztof Frackowiak wrote:
> I try to port linux 2.6 on xscale board , and I have problem with initialization of memory.
> I specify in command line memory on my board as following
> mem=64M@0x4000000

So your Board has SRAM instead of SDRAM? That's unusual but possible.
The PXA port has hardcoded the SDRAM address (0xa0000000) in several
plcaes. You need to change them to your memory address in at least the
following files:

arch/arm/mach-pxa/Makefile.boot
include/asm-arm/arch-pxa/memory.h
and of course in your board file

I guess the other folks here will be happy if you do this in a
configurable way so other people can make use of this.

Sascha