List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Various PXA patches - comments welcome
From:       Richard Purdie <rpurdie () rpsys ! net>
Date:       2005-08-26 12:02:11

I have some pxa related patches I'm planning to put into the patch
system when Russell returns. This one in particular might need
discussion:

PXA: Allow platforms access to some key data structures
http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/patches/pxa_remove_static-r0.patch

The pxafb_device patch is to allow a board support file to setup device
parents correctly.

The pxa_pm_ops access is needed to allow this patch to work:
http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/patches/sharpsl_pm-r1.patch
(I realise this still needs some cleanup work). The idea is that the
device can wakeup, doing charging things and then go back to suspend
without having to completely wake up the system.

I'm unsure which header file I could add "extern struct pm_ops
pxa_pm_ops;" to and may just leave it in the file using the structure...

Other patches I have queued include:

PXA: Add some extra pxa27x register definitions
http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/patches/pxa27x_extraregs-r4.patch

PCMCIA pxa2xx: Allow access to filesystems on CF at boot time
http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/patches/pxa_pcmcia_init-r0.patch

PXA Timers: Stop interrupts becomming enabled when they shouldn't be
http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/patches/pxa_timerfix-r0.patch
(already mentioned)

I was going to add these to the patch system but the arm site seems to
be down atm.

Richard