List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    RE: sa1100_udc gadget driver first cut
From:       "Nick Bane" <nick () cecomputing ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-08-06 9:38:17

> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Nick Bane wrote:
>
> > After being sent the outline of an sa1100_udc gadget driver by David
> > Brownell, I have bullied it into a form that can be used with 2.6.12.
> > My main interest is getting it running with the ethernet gadget.
> >
> [...]
> >
> > If anyone gets a squeak out of the dma please let me know. I am sure I
> > am being rather dim but cannot see where.
>
> Did you have a look at the 2.4.x kernel (with appropriate ARM patches
> applied) ?  There used to be a SA11x0 UDC driver with ethernet
> functionalities in it, and mention of DMA having problem rings a bell.

Yes certainly. I also looked at the handhelds kernel26 tree and incorporated some of \
the updates there. I use the 2.4 driver and have it working fine under \
2.4.25-vrs2-tcl1. I added bounce buffers to the hh kernel26 version which has been \
adopted by HH to get around the dma alignment issue.

Nick