List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: Arm linux software suspend
From:       Nicolas Pitre <nico () cam ! org>
Date:       2005-08-06 4:06:02

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Abhijit Bhopatkar wrote:

> I want suspend to disk, so that i can completely shutdown the board.
> Of course i will have to replace the actual disk with something else
> like perhaps a usb partition (may be too slow but it doesn't matter).
> Or i will have to write a new back end, but before i dive into
> exploring that, i just wanted to know if suspend to disk is possible
> on arm?

With enough effort it certainly can be done.

> The problem i am tackling is that, the main application running takes
> a long time to initialise, something like 10 mins. on each reboot.

You're kidding, right?

> (don not ask me why it takes 10 mins. i am already frowning at the app
> developers)

I think I'll be much much less effort for you to help that developer to
fix the ap, or at least implement some sort of state snapshot that you
can save to and restore from disk or whatever rather than even thinking
about suspend to disk.

Nicolas