List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: indirect pci access
From:       Deepak Saxena <dsaxena () plexity ! net>
Date:       2004-07-28 15:31:18

On Jul 28 2004, at 16:52, Thomas W?ckinger was caught saying:
> Hi!
>
> I have some problems accessing io memorry using the writel and readl commands:
>
> system description:
> intel ixdp425 platform
> kernel 2.6.7
> indirect pci access enabeld
>
> problem description:
> accessing a dsp device  over pci bridge (needs 92MB pci space).
> i wirte a block of data to the ioremaped window and afterwards i read it back
> form the same address. i used all known functions to do so (writel, readl,
> outl, inl, memcpy_fromio, memcpy_toio).

Where is the problem? You say you write it and then you read it back. Is
it not matching what you wrote?  Why does your PCI bridge need 92MB of
space when the DSP only needs 4MB?

> without the bridge, the dsp needs only 4MB of pci space, all works fine.
>
> so i think there is a prolbem with the indirect pci access.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena at plexity dot net - http://www.plexity.net/

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and
 will die here like rotten cabbages." - Number 6