List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: Re: Re: q:cf/pcmcia
From:       "zxk"<zhangxinkai () sia ! cn>
Date:       2004-07-01 0:29:09

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hi,Ian Campbell
  Thanks for your help.
  My CF card have a single partition with FAT filesystem.
  but when I mount this device,some errors as following:
[root@AT91RM9200DK /proc]$mount -t vfat /dev/hda /mnt/cf
hda: lost interrupt
hda: lost interrupt
hda: lost interrupt
hda: task_no_data_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: task_no_data_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
hda : bad access: block=0, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 0
FAT: unable to read boot sector
mount: Mounting /devhda: 15680 sectors/ (8 MB)h w/1KiB Cached, CHS=245/2/32a
 Partition check:
o nhda: /mnt/cf failed: Invalid argument

 I can't mount /dev/hda1 so I use /dev/hda.

 some infomations after run command cardmgr as following:
[root@AT91RM9200DK /proc]$cardmgr
at91_pcmcia_configure_socket(): config socket 0 vcc 33 vpp 0
at91_pcmcia_configure_socket(): config socket 0 vcc 33 vpp 0
Trying to free nonexistent resource <c2a0c000-c2a0c00f>
hda: SanDisk SDCFB-8, CFA DISK drive
ide0 at 0xc2a0c000-0xc2a0c007,0xc2a0c00e on irq 3
hda: attached ide-disk driver.

Ian Campbell wrote:

>Please stick to the mailing lists instead of private mail unless
>otherwise indicated.
>
>Ian.
>
>On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 07:34, zxk wrote:
>> Hi,Ian Campbell
>>   I compiled IDE + IDE CS support into my kernel.
>> and I create /dev/hda by command mknod .
>> but I can't mount /dev/hda successful. how to make cf card work normal.
>> Can you tell me in detail about it.
>
>Well -- you don't give many details of what you tried or what the
>error/problem is, in the future please try to do so or I won't be able
>to help out.
>
>To answer your query -- you would make it work in the same way as you
>would a regular hard disk on your workstation.
>
>First you may need to partition it using fdisk. CF cards often seem to
>have a single large partition on them, in which case you need to be
>mounting /dev/hda1 rather than just /dev/hda.
>
>You may also need to make a filesystem on it, I think CF cards often
>ship with a FAT filesystem of some sort, so that may be sufficient and
>you can just mount with fs type vfat. Otherwise you need to use
>mkfs.ext2 to make an ext2 filesystem on the device (depending on your
>partitioning structure that's hda or hda1).
>
>Ian.
>--
>Ian Campbell, Senior Design Engineer
>                                        Web: http://www.arcom.com
>Arcom, Clifton Road, 			Direct: +44 (0)1223 403 465
>Cambridge CB1 7EA, United Kingdom	Phone:  +44 (0)1223 411 200

        zxk
        zhangxinkai@sia.cn
          2004-07-01