List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    ARM926EJ-S : MMU problem ????
From:       "micael nogueira" <micnogueira () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-05-21 12:27:28

Hi everybody,

I have a linux booting on a Versatile Platform (ARM926EJ-S). Linux switches
on the MMU during the boot in order to work with virtual addresses.

At a moment of my boot I want to switch off the MMU in order to run an other
code that was implemented with no knowledge of MMU.

I wrote the following code :

... linux booting ...

					mrc	p15, 0, r0, c1, c0   -> pc = 0xc0123828
					bic      r0, r0, #1               -> pc = 0xc012382c
					mcr	p15, 0, r0, c1, c0   -> pc = 0xc013830

then i want that my pc = 0x123834, but it seems that when i switch off the
MMU, the processor follows executing the instruction at address 0xc0123834,
that is an undefined instruction because the MMU was switched off and the
processor don't recognize Virtual addresses.

Thanks in advance for your answers or for your help.

Micael.