List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    RE: 2.6.6: consistent_alloc
From:       <raghavendra.hanumanthaiah () wipro ! com>
Date:       2004-05-21 12:39:39

Hi Russel,

I have a doubt with this consistent_alloc().
As you said in this thread.
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2004-March/020623.html

"Actually, I will remove consistent_alloc() entirely because it shouldn't
be used anymore.  Instead, we have dma_alloc_coherent(), and for those
wanting write-combining properties, there will be dma_alloc_writecombine()."

With this regard: my dev pointer don't have dma_mask variable, since I am using \
net_device structure for my Fast Irda driver, how do I allocate consistent memory?

I tried using consistent_alloc(), but when I copy data into that memory in \
hard_xmit(), its giving Oops:0 error. What could be the problem?

I am using 2.6 with the rmk2 patch.

Thanks for your help
Regards
Raghavendra K.H