List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: Power Management mess
From:       Holger Schurig <holgerschurig () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-07-29 7:11:24

> >No, supend/resume works perfectly without any daemon.
>
> Do you mean when the system's idle time is long enough. the system
> will suspend automaticly?

No, nothing happens automatically. I just said that suspend/resume works
at all.

> I make the system enter into sleep mode only by cat
> /proc/sys/pm/suspend.

And if this works, then suspend works.

There are general-purpose daemons like the apmd that do mostly x86-PC
related things, but maybe people with embedded hardware need
special-purpose daemons that do more specific stuff. But this is then
no longer a kernel issue.