List:       linux-390
Subject:    Re: Terminal server
From:       Hendrik Brueckner <brueckner () linux ! vnet ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2009-10-23 12:18:19

Hi Donald,

few remarks about ts-shell command history:

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 01:16:35PM -0700, Donald Russell wrote:

> I miss the command history... it's OK (even desirable) to have that kept for
> the current ts-shell session only. (Similar to how "terminal" works)

ts-shell supports basic command history and tab key completion (session only).
Both functions are provided by additional Perl modules which can be installed
optionally.
Try one of the following perl modules:
 - Term::ReadLine::Perl
 - Term::ReadLine::Gnu (for bash-like history functions, e.g. reverse-search)

See also chapter 2 in the how-to document for additional information.

Regards,
  Hendrik