List:       linaro-multimedia
Subject:    Totem/GStreamer CPU wakes
From:       kurt.taylor () linaro ! org (Kurt Taylor)
Date:       2011-03-09 19:40:41

For general information and discussion:

Just to be complete, I have finished a test run using totem to play long
files to see GStreamer in use and it's demand on the system CPU. I tried
several different files, including wav and mp3s. As it turns out, totem only
has about 5 wps while playing both wav and mp3 files, so I am not hopeful in
finding optimization in that code path to reduce the wakes.

My environment is a Panda running maverick netbook, with alsa 1.0.24 and the
latest pulseaudio git head. I am using Powertop as root with the pid and
time options to get the results.

regards,
Kurt Taylor (irc krtaylor)