List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: How to get more accidentials?
From:       Thomas Richter <thomas-richter () aon ! at>
Date:       2024-02-22 21:43:00

Am 21.02.2024 um 17:14 schrieb Johannes Koch:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to extend the example at
>
> <https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=786>
>
> .. The emmentaler font currently contains single-arrowed
> flat/natural/sharp accidentials. I'd like to use more accidentials,
> like the double/triple arrow flat/natural/sharp accidentials shown in
>
> <https://en.xen.wiki/w/Helmholtz-Ellis_notation#Helmholtz-Ellis_glyphs>
>
> .. Is there a way to "extend" the font? Or put the SVGs for the
> missing glphs in a separate file so I can reference them somehow?

you could use ekmelily
<http://www.ekmelic-music.org/en/extra/ekmelily.htm> . I extended it now
with a new file "ly/ekmel-he.ily" for JI in HE notation as described in
the LSR example <http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=786> . It requires a
SMuFL compliant font like Ekmelos
<http://www.ekmelic-music.org/en/extra/ekmelos.htm> or Bravura
<https://github.com/steinbergmedia/bravura> and the main include file
"ly/ekmel-main.ily"; e.g.

%%%%
\version "2.24.0"
\include "ekmel-he.ily"

\fixed c'' {
    c cih cihh cihhh cisehhh cisehh ciseh cis %...
}
%%%%

See "samples/he.ly" for all c... notenames (the other names are equivalent).

This is a first attempt to support JI in ekmelily with solely "he"
notation and a single set of notenames (Dutch), and alias names like
"es" are missing yet.

--
Thomas