List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Using \after 8 \turn with beamed notes when stem is up produces a turn under the beam
From:       Kieren MacMillan <kieren () kierenmacmillan ! info>
Date:       2023-06-25 16:24:33

Hi David,

> whether the one-dimensional outside-staff-priority system
> is even well-suited for expressing the desired rules/constraints

Are you able to say a little more about what you're thinking there? (The meaning I \
infer is that a two-dimensional system could allow for a L/R priority, which is a \
long-standing feature wish of mine — somewhere in the list archives are examples of \
me asking whether, e.g., tempo markings and rehearsal marks could automatically \
"slide" left or right instead of just up and down.)

Thanks,
Kieren.