List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: How to create an installer from the Lilypond build tree?
From:       Federico Bruni <fede () inventati ! org>
Date:       2018-08-27 15:07:37

Il giorno dom 26 ago 2018 alle 8:33, Partitura Organum
<partitura.org@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On 24-8-2018 20:06, Karlin High wrote:
> >

> > Possible starting point for research:
> >
> > <https://wiki.debian.org/Packaging>
>
> Thanks for the pointer. Looks complicated, though with some study it
> should be doable.

Remember that a lilypond deb package already exists.
I have zero experience with Debian packaging and a little experience
with Fedora packaging, but I guess they work similarly. In theory, you
should install some tools, download some configuration files, edit a
few lines to change the lilypond version and run the build. But you may
run in dependency problems.

The reason of the confusion in the version name is explained here:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/lilypond/commit/08eac13f08220c425f0151ed7c5dcb8ecb53edaa

Other useful links:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/lilypond (see the debian directory)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwj_1uaOwI3dA \