List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Displaying scores
From:       Dave Phillips <dlphillips () woh ! rr ! com>
Date:       2006-08-29 13:45:21

Chuckk wrote:

>I am using evince to view Lilypond's pdf output, and in fairly simple
>things (output by Rosegarden), and I'm seeing note stems of different
>thicknesses.  If I zoom in, they are still different thicknesses, and
>some of the stems don't exactly line up against the noteheads.  Is
>there another Linux pdf viewer that is more accurate?
>I have Lilypond 2.8.6.

I prefer to use GhostView (aka gv) to view PostScript instead of PDF.
However, I usually print from the Adobe Acrobat Reader (Linux version).
It's not perfect, but it certainly has a better feature set than xpdf.
Scores look okay in Acroread, better in GhostView (IMPO).

And as mentioned, using "gv --watch" gives me a near-realtime
environment for the edit/compile/view cycle.

Best,

dp