List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: AllAbout Examples
From:       Graham Percival <gpermus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-29 7:43:50

Charles Cave wrote:
> I think this is a FANTASTIC suggestion and I am willing to contribute
> some examples.

Great!  We're still working out some technical issues, but rest assured
that I'll let you know when it's ready.

> I am really struggling to learn enough about Lilypond to create
> a simple cello + piano accompaniment score. The resulting output would
> be the cello part, and the piano part.

Hey, a fellow cellist!

Writing cello + piano is fairly easy.  First, I heavily recommend that
you read the 2.8 docs; many of the issues you raise have been addressed
(or at least, I began to address them) in the 2.8 docs.

To make a cello+piano template, begin with appendix D.2.2 Piano and
melody with lyrics.  Delete the "text = " stuff, the "\autoBeamOff", and
the "\new Lyrics..." stuff.  Everything else should be fine!

I also heavily recommend 3.1 Extending the templates.  If it isn't
clear, please suggest some clarifications for it!

> I would like to see some suggestions on file naming conventions
> and "Best practice" Lilypond coding. I often look at the mutopiaproject
> for examples, but I get annoyed to find they are old versions and
> require time to upgrade and fiddle around with.

4.1 Suggestions for writing LilyPond files

Cheers,
- Graham Percival