List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Glissando length
From:       Benedict Singer <singerb () uchicago ! edu>
Date:       2006-05-31 21:21:39

Hi all,

I'm doing a piece with extensive glissando usage, and there's a bit of
an issue. Lilypond is setting most of the piece with the measures very
nicely spaced on each line; however, when there's glissandi in there,
it's still spacing it the same way, and so, for example, a measure of 4
quarters connected with glissandi results in several basically invisible
glissando lines. I tried doing: \override Glissando #'minimum-length =
#5 based on the comments in the docs about hairpins, and checking that
Glissando had a minimum-length property, but it didn't seem to do
anything. Is there a way I can force Lilypond to make the glissandi at
least some specified length, and space the notes out as a result? Or, if
I need to do it the other way, and space the notes out so the glissandi
are more visible, that's ok too; I just need to know how. Thanks!

Ben