List:       licq-main
Subject:    Re: [Licq-main] Multiple Recipients??
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-05-11 14:56:34

On Don, 11 Mai 2000, Eric Boo wrote:

> Anyway, I did the desperate stuff. I formatted and reinstalled
> everything. Still, I have those 2 libraries, as I think QT 2.1 needs it?

well, depending on whether you used the Qt 2.1 rpm from
ftp://people.redhat.com/bero/qt, because that one is for Redhat 6.2 which
uses a newer compiler which means also a newer libstdc++.

If you compile qt from source you should only need one
libstdc++. alternatively when you install the right qt rpm for your system
;)

I think Redhat should make them available. At least Suse does that...

I'm also getting fscking annoyed by all those binary incompatible new
libstdc++ versions. gcc 2.95 introduced a new one, and gcc 2.96 (or 3.0
whatever it will be called) will have another incompatible one including a
new symbol mangling sheme which means again recompiling everything for an
upgrade. Sick!

But they promised that this will be the very last binary incompatible
move. oh well....

Dirk