List:       licq-devel
Subject:    Re: [Licq-devel] SSL Support for micq
From:       Roman Hoog Antink <me () rs3 ! ch>
Date:       2003-09-29 9:43:46

Am Sonntag, 31. August 2003 19:10 schrieb Juan F. Codagnone:
> Even, if SECURE_CHANNEL_NOTSUPPORTED or SECURE_CHANNEL_UNKNOWN are
> returned, the user still can force the connection, with sucssess. As you
> may see, the code assumes that only licq has support for ssl. We should
> change this....

I propose, licq considers all peers with CAP_MICQ set as SSL capable. This
does not break with older mICQ clients, since licq's initial SSL request
packet would be "NACKed".

> AFAIK, we don't use CAP_LICQ for anything. There is a patch that adds it to
> licq, but it's not in the main tree.

Licq hast this CAP_LICQ set, as I saw out there in the field. mICQ uses that
to recognize licq clients and checks for their SSL flag in the build-date
timestamp.

Regards,
 Roman