List:       libressl
Subject:    Can we get something like SSL_pending for libtls?
From:       Nicholas Chapman <admin () indigorenderer ! com>
Date:       2021-07-29 14:58:30

Hi,

I would like a way to check if a TLS socket is readable (e.g. if the
next read call will succeed and return a non-zero number of bytes
without blocking)

With a plain socket I can use select() for that.

However as far as I can tell libressl / libtls buffers data, so there
may be readable data, even if select on the underlying socket indicates
there is no readable data.

SSL_pending provides an API call to expose this information, however
there doesn't seem to be anything similar in the libtls API.

So can we get something like SSL_pending in the libtls API?

Thanks,

     Nick C.