List:       leaf-user
Subject:    [leaf-user] DSL troubleshooting.....
From:       "John Mullan" <JMullan () OLGC ! CA>
Date:       2003-11-25 12:41:59

Can anyone give me hints about what to look for?

My DSL modem (apparently) loses sync when I try to access an external web
site.  After it syncs back up, and I try again, I lose sync again.  Ping
works the same way except if I try to ping an IP rather than URL.

Now this would seem to me to be a DNS problem.  But can this be with my
internal DNS or ISP's DNS ???  Could it be either?

HISTORY:  This is my home/personal network.  I have Bering/Shorewall and it
has been working up until yesterday.  I have not made any changes in the
last couple of days.  I have a Win2K server (192.168.1.128) inside and it
is the primary DNS of the internal network.  Bering box (192.168.1.254) is
secondary DNS (DNSCache).  IE; Win2K will forward unresolved addresses to
it (obvious!?!).

Ideas please......

John (www.mullan.ca)
http://www.olgc.ca            888-345-7568 ext. 2210
mailto:jmullan@olgc.ca        416-213-2210 (direct)
      then each of us still has one object.

If each of us have one idea, and we exchange them,
      then each of us now has two ideas.

KNOW YOUR LIMIT, PLAY WITHIN IT!
ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE           1 888 230-3505

DÉPASSER SES LIMITES, CE N'EST PLUS DU JEU.
LA LIGNE ONTARIENNE D'AIDE SUR LE JEU PROBLÉMATIQUE    1 888 230-3505