List:       leaf-user
Subject:    [leaf-user] hostap for Bering : does it work ?
From:       "Francois BERGERET" <f6hqz () easyconnect ! fr>
Date:       2003-06-29 15:45:29

Hi everybody,

Is somebody using hostap with Bering ?

I am using Bering V1.1, running in a Soekris net4521.

I have tempted to use pcmcia_hostap.lrp form our friend Jacques, but without success \
:-( Introduction of Prism2 cards are detected, but a Kernel Panic occurs at PCMCIA \
inserting. I have read and read the Bering manuals without understanding more...

Has somebody the complete list of files with their tree position in the directories ?
Because, it seems that some are missing (I suppose, but I am not a perfect user).
For example, the file : "wireless.opts" is not installed by the package.
I have created one, including :

*,*,*,*)
	INFO:"Prism2"
	MODE:"Master"
	CHANNEL="6"
	RATE="AUTO"
	ESSID="WLAN1"
	;;

basing from the Bering manuals example, but for Orinoco.
May be this file must contain some other things...

I have some doubts about what drivers to add/have in the /lib/modules/pcmcia/ \
directory, and why Bering is so different of Vladimir WHISP-dist project regarding \
the directory organization. I tempt to compare this directories trees but I am \
lost... I have compared the files because my two PCMCIA PRISM 2 cards run well with \
WISP-dist without any crash.

Any suggestions, ideas, files and config examples ?

TIA

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET,
France.