List:       leaf-user
Subject:    RE: [leaf-user] DNS lookups in shorewall rules fail at boot.
From:       Tom Eastep <teastep () shorewall ! net>
Date:       2003-06-29 15:27:56

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 08:17, James Neave wrote:
> Aha,
>
> didn't see that bit...
>
> OK.
>
> Anything I can do about it? This is way beyond my meager problem solving
> skills...

I suspect that Shorewall is starting before dnscache so you will need to
reverse their startup order. The means for changing the startup order of
packages in a Leaf system is discussed regularly on the list and has to
do with the RCDLINKS= specification found in each file in /etc/init.d.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://www.shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ teastep@shorewall.net