List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    [leaf-devel] build 5.x from current repository
From:       Erich Titl <erich.titl () think ! ch>
Date:       2014-02-14 9:25:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi folks

I set up a virtual recent Ubuntu (12.04.4) and tried to build the whole
project. Well it took roughly 24 hours (well it it only my good old
Athlon II) and i got two persistant errors.

One is uboot, which refused to compile. I left it away as I am not
geared towards ARM architecture. I believe the Rapsberry is horribly
overpriced, but then maybe we will look at OTS hardware like the TP-LINK
stuff :-). I know OpenWRT does.

The other one OpenSwan hurts much more, it appears that the /proc
filesystem in 3.10 has had a major API change, and this is not reflected
in the way we compile OpenSwan. I have not yet found out, if the current
API is supported at all. I will look at the libreswan and the strongSwan
projects too, heeling towards strongswan as I believe it is the most
active ipsec/security project right now.

cheers

Erich

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]