List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] iPlanet DS 4.16 preoperation search plugin
From:       Kristian Koehntopp <kk () netuse ! de>
Date:       2002-10-30 12:55:42

I am writing a iPlanet DS 4.16 preoperation search plugin. The plugin has the
purpuse to catch searches on a nonexistent virtual tree "dc=magic" and
redirect them to a existent nonvirtual tree. Also, the filter_str is edited
and changed.

Specifically, if you search "ou=something,dc=magic", the search will be
redirected to "ou=something,ou=realsuffix". Also, all occurences of
"cn=somestring" within the filter_str will be changed into "cn=*something*",
which I require.

My problem is that this does ALMOST work. I get debug output that indicates
that the search base has been changed to "ou=something,ou=realsuffix", and
that the newly edited filter str has been changed as well. Then I get hits,
but these are below "ou=realsuffix" OUTSIDE "ou=something,ou=realsuffix".

I can provide code and example logs (http://www.koehntopp.de/plugin), and
a query that does not work. See the README at
http://www.koehntopp.de/plugin/README for a complete walkthrough of the
problem.

I am at a complete loss where to continue to debug, and need some pointers
into the right direction.

Kristian

---
You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [ldap@progressive-comp.com]