List:       lartc
Subject:    [LARTC] mark
From:       Paulo Andre <pandre () darkstar ! nom ! za>
Date:       2004-03-26 14:56:21

I have the following scenerio,
LINK-A and LINK-B connected SRV. Current default gw is LINK-B

I would like for all packets from LINK-A to have LINK-IP-A as default gw.

have done following:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i INT-A -j MARK --set-mark 4

ip route add table 4 default via LINK-IP-A
ip rule add fwmark 4 table 4

When I ping the interface from the web, then I do not get a reply, tcpdump and
iptables show the packets coming in but not going out.
1- am I doing this correctly?
2- how can I definitely find out that the packets are being marked?
3- how can I test my iproute2?

Paulo