List:       l7-filter-developers
Subject:    Re: [l7-filter-developers] l7-filter-developers bug??
From:       Matthew Strait <quadong () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-11-23 16:55:15

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, liangjun wrote:

> I install linux whith l7-filter! and make install the protocol. in
> "/etc/l7-protocols/protocols" I only add some protocol (bittorrent.pat
> emule.pat gtalk.pat kugoo.pat msnmessenger.pat pplive.pat qqdownload.pat
> qq.pat skypetoskype.pat xunlei.pat).and I delete other protocol!
> note!!!the l7-filter is not running after install!
> and I running l7-fiter with iptables . the protocol like
> msnmessenger.pat,qq.pat,gtalk.pat is working well !but the protocol like
> xunlei.pat bittorrent.pat is not working !!
> so I copy all of the protocol to "/etc/l7-protocols/protocols" . and all
> of the protocol is working well !
> so i understand. can you tell me why?

There is absolutely no way that having or not having one pattern in
/etc/l7-protocols/ could affect whether another patterns works.  I mean,
unless it's a very strange bug that has gone undetected for a long time.

I think that you probably changed two things at once and then attributed
the result to the wrong thing.  If you don't think so, try the whole
sequence again very carefully and see if it happens again.

-Matthew