List:       l7-filter-developers
Subject:    Re: [l7-filter-developers] [l7-filter-users] 2.6.27 compile issues
From:       "James King" <t.james.king () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-20 3:05:53

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 3:02 PM, James King <t.james.king@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Jasper Mackenzie
> <jasper.mackenzie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Going out of my small mind trying to get l7 (kernel) version to compile
>> with kernel version 2.6.27.6, gcc 4.3 in debian unstable environment I am
>> getting the following error:

>>   CC [M]  net/netfilter/xt_state.o
>>   CC [M]  net/netfilter/xt_layer7.o
>> net/netfilter/xt_layer7.c: In function 'match':
>> net/netfilter/xt_layer7.c:442: error: 'struct nf_conn' has no member named
>> 'counters'
>> net/netfilter/xt_layer7.c:442: error: 'struct nf_conn' has no member named
>> 'counters'
>> net/netfilter/xt_layer7.c:477: error: 'struct nf_conn' has no member named
>> 'counters'
>> net/netfilter/xt_layer7.c:477: error: 'struct nf_conn' has no member named
>> 'counters'

> This is because as of 2.6.27, conntrack counters are stored as a
> conntrack extension instead of being included directly in the nf_conn
> structure.  I've already addressed the counter issue in the course of
> working on converting layer7 to use ct_extend entirely (so that anyone
> could use it without patching their kernel source), but there have
> been a couple barriers to getting it merged into mainline that I
> haven't had a lot of free time lately to address.  I'll try to cook up
> an interim patch sometime this week so that 2.6.27 users can at least
> use the existing module in the meantime.

The attached follow on patch to kernel-2.6.25-layer7-2.20.patch should
do the trick to allow compilation under 2.6.27+.  It's also worth
noting that layer7 will definitely require another patch for 2.6.28,
as the xt_match function prototypes have all changed.

Regards,
James

["2.6.27.patch" (application/octet-stream)]