List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    [Kwrite-devel] RFC on new dialogs
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-04-03 6:28:14

Hello
I have been playing around with the QT designer
trying to reduce some code maintenance and have
got a preliminary design for a new
Configure Highlighting Dialog box.

Do we want to make all dialogs look the same
right now the Configure Kate dlg box is one style
and the Configure Highlight is another style.

On KDevelop's port they use designer dialogs
almost seamlessly it really doesn't take a whole lot
of effort and the implementation is almost as easy as
a few connect calls.

I think we could convert the dialog boxes that
are programmer created and use QT Designer
to do the actual "work" for us.  I have about
as much artistic talent as a box of rocks ) so I
can't really do it myself I need some help.

The dialog I have now is just a prototype to see
if anyone preferably with more artistic talent than me
to take a look at it and recommend what should be added
or removed and the general look.

Attached find a small <2000 bytes bzip2 of a
highlight_dlg.ui which you can open in QT designer.

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world