List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab fork or branch workflow?
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () iki ! fi>
Date:       2020-02-02 10:04:09

On lördag 1 februari 2020 kl. 22:35:31 EET Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On 2020-02-01 21:33, Kåre Särs wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to search for the the answer to this but could not find it.
> >
> > What is the preferred way to make a pull-request on invent.kde.org for
> > Kate
> > (and other KDE projects)? Is it to create a personal fork or to create
> > branch in the main repo?
>
> I tend to just use branches in the main repository.
> I am not aware of some KDE wide rule for this at the moment.

I just noticed a little drawback with using branches in the main repo. The
commit message for the pull-request branch comes together with the normal
commit messages to master and stable branches. This adds noise to the commit
messages... I can add mail filters at my end, but I wonder if there could be a
filter on gitlab...