List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab fork or branch workflow?
From:       Christoph Cullmann <christoph () cullmann ! io>
Date:       2020-02-01 20:35:31

On 2020-02-01 21:33, Kåre Särs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to search for the the answer to this but could not find it.
>
> What is the preferred way to make a pull-request on invent.kde.org for
> Kate
> (and other KDE projects)? Is it to create a personal fork or to create
> branch in the main repo?

I tend to just use branches in the main repository.
I am not aware of some KDE wide rule for this at the moment.

> From issues in invent.kde.org it is possible to create branches
> directly in
> the master repo...

Would be ok with that.

> We are not supposed to use gitlab as bug tracker, but are we going to
> use the
> issues for our development tasks?

I think we can use it for development tasks.

For user bug reports, bugs.kde.org is the way to go.

> Do we want to document the way of working in the README.md?

I think that would make sense ;)

Let's wait for more feedback here, then we can add some lines.

Greetings
Christoph

--
Ignorance is bliss...