List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Updating ki18n_wrap_ui usages to work with targets
From:       Alex Turbov <i.zaufi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-08-06 21:23:19

Ugh, it sounds really disappointing to wait *half a year*!
The whole way looks very over-conservative to me. I imagine if someone has
a feature to ECM which must be adopted by N `kate`s dependencies...
Then the feature can be used in N/2 *years*!!! REALLY??!!
This turtle driven development could kill many good ideas %(

Seriously, what the reasons not to depend on the latest versions of KF
libs? As far as I know, framework libs released *before* KDE Plasma Apps.
So, having the latest deps looks pretty normal way to get the latest
features to me. What could be wrong w/ this approach?