--000000000000a3b889058f796fca Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Ugh, it sounds really disappointing to wait *half a year*! The whole way looks very over-conservative to me. I imagine if someone has a feature to ECM which must be adopted by N `kate`s dependencies... Then the feature can be used in N/2 *years*!!! REALLY??!! This turtle driven development could kill many good ideas %( Seriously, what the reasons not to depend on the latest versions of KF libs? As far as I know, framework libs released *before* KDE Plasma Apps. So, having the latest deps looks pretty normal way to get the latest features to me. What could be wrong w/ this approach? On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 12:01 AM Daan De Meyer wrote: > Alright, I thought (wrongly) that KDE applications always depended on > the latest stable KDE Frameworks release. I'll put this on the back > burner for now then. > > Regards, > > Daan > > On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 at 22:39, Dominik Haumann wrote: > > > > Are you talking about kate.git? If so: > > https://github.com/KDE/kate/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L8 > > > > Kate cannot depend on unreleased KDE Frameworks. I'd even say we should > not depend on the latest Frameworks version. > > > > Wait a few months, best at least half a year, then changes like this > become ok. > > > > Greetings > > Dominik > > > > Daan De Meyer schrieb am Di., 6. Aug. 2019, > 08:55: > >> > >> Hi, > >> > >> My revision to allow ki18n_wrap_ui to work on targets was merged. > >> Should I wait until the next stable KDE Frameworks release before > >> refactoring Kate's build scripts to use this new functionality or is > >> it fine to use the new functionality before it is included in a stable > >> release? > >> > >> Regards, > >> > >> Daan > --000000000000a3b889058f796fca Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable