List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KSyntaxHighlighting License - please read
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2016-12-17 15:01:55

Hi,

to have some concrete use-case:

We (aka AbsInt) use the commercial Qt for our GUI and do static linking to have easy deployment.

My colleague that builds the UI for sure would prefer to use this framework (and contribute our
additional hls under MIT or similar) instead of using our "poor-mans" internal hl stuff.

Thought with LGPLx that won't fly, as we can't link that in statically.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann@AbsInt.com