List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Kate
From:       Sven Brauch <mail () svenbrauch ! de>
Date:       2016-03-20 14:32:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi,

On 12/03/16 11:27, Lee Hodson wrote:
> Would it be easy to add a 'line edit date' to the editor border? I use =
Kate
> for writing notes, PHP scripts and BASH scripts. Being able to clearly =
see
> which line was edited when would make life so much easier.
The problem is where to get that information from and how to store it.
Displaying it in kate is then quite simple, there's an API for
displaying text in an annotation in the border (see
src/include/ktexteditor/annotationinterface.h).

That said, one sensible solution is to track your files in git and do
commits when you change them. KDevelop (which is based on kate) already
has a feature to display modification date, author and comment for each
line in the annotation border if the file is tracked in git; maybe you
could port that to ktexteditor.

Greetings,
Sven