List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: KTextEditor::SearchInterface
From:       Andreas Cord-Landwehr <cordlandwehr () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-04-09 20:32:38

On Thursday 02 April 2015 23:10:29 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
[...]
> > could you have a look a the current search interface we have in KatePart
> > internally? It would do, and is already implemented. Are there arguments
> > against just using this?
[...]
> I think its not that bad, but I am not sure if we don't need to cleanup it
> first before we expose it for the complete 5.x series ;)

Looking at KTextEditor::DocumentPrivate::searchText(...) there is

    // TODO
    // * support BlockInputRange
    // * support DotMatchesNewline

so, probably these two options could be removed from the interface for now :)
Anything else? Otherwise the interface already looks quite minimal to me.

Cheers,
Andreas