List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: collapsing file comment blocks by default
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2014-06-18 22:03:00

On Wednesday 18 June 2014 11:25:33 Milian Wolff wrote:

> > > I thought it's OK if I personally make sure to port everything over? Is
> > > that not the case anymore? I won't be able to use KF5 for a few months
> > > still...
> >
> > The question is, do we want to keep adding new features in 4.x that might
> > lead to regressions?
> >
> > In this case, not that much shall happen, beside that config changes will
> > unfold your first line.
>
> Isn't it the same old story? "Who codes, decides." I code, and still use
> KDE4, so I'll ensure the stuff I add is as regression-free as possible. And
> since I port this diligently to KF5 I get testers from both worlds. If I
> fix something in KDE4, I'll port it to KF5.
>
> The only question is what would happen to regressions detected after I make
> the switch to KF5. Which would imo be a different kind of topic. It's about
> how long do you/we plan to support Kate from KDE4 land with bugfixes. For
> that time, it will be my task again to backport fixes I then make to KF5 to
> KDE4 where appropriate, no?

Unrelated to whether it should go into KDE4 or not, I'd still like to see some
input on the actual patch at https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/118748 . If you
agree it's a good thing to have, I'll push it into KF5 for now and then we can
still argue on whether I'm allowed to push it into KDE4 as well or not.

Cheers

--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de