List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: collapsing file comment blocks by default
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2014-06-18 9:25:33

On Wednesday 18 June 2014 11:13:48 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > On Monday 16 June 2014 10:30:31 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > please, no new features in KDE 4.x, do that in ktexteditor.git.
> > >
> > > It is really time to switch feature devel over to KF 5, which is not
> > > that
> > > far away.
> >
> > I thought it's OK if I personally make sure to port everything over? Is
> > that not the case anymore? I won't be able to use KF5 for a few months
> > still...
> The question is, do we want to keep adding new features in 4.x that might
> lead to regressions?
>
> In this case, not that much shall happen, beside that config changes will
> unfold your first line.

Isn't it the same old story? "Who codes, decides." I code, and still use KDE4,
so I'll ensure the stuff I add is as regression-free as possible. And since I
port this diligently to KF5 I get testers from both worlds. If I fix something
in KDE4, I'll port it to KF5.

The only question is what would happen to regressions detected after I make
the switch to KF5. Which would imo be a different kind of topic. It's about
how long do you/we plan to support Kate from KDE4 land with bugfixes. For that
time, it will be my task again to backport fixes I then make to KF5 to KDE4
where appropriate, no?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff