List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: VCS work flow?
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () iki ! fi>
Date:       2014-02-26 7:19:41

On Tuesday 25 February 2014 17:27:45 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> As I'm getting mixed responses via RB, I thought I'd ask here... What is
> the preferred VCS work flow for kate.git these days, especially for long
> commit chains covered by a single review request? Rebase or merge?
> =

> Some arguments for each:
> =

> - Rebase preserves linear history, which may be simpler to look at.
> =

> - Merging makes it clear what commits are covered by a review request
> and preserves the commit where a commit chain was started.

_I_ definitely prefer rebase as the new feature/bugfix is in one chunk in t=
he =

history. How the feature was developed and in what time frame has usually n=
o =

relevance. It was added to the public repository at one specific time and t=
he =

change in that specific time is what is interesting to me :)

Regards,
  K=E5re