List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: Final list of default styles
From:       "Philipp A." <flying-sheep () web ! de>
Date:       2014-02-25 13:30:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

i'm glad about the list of styles that made it: they also make a lot of
sense to me, and even if someone might find it a tad much: nothing forces
anyone to use every available style :)

i'm pretty sure that (apart from the numerous number styles) most scripting
languages will make use of all.

>  The only reason of not doing this for v3 is that v3 is very late in the
> release cycle. If I am the one implementing these default styles, it'll be
> for
> KF5, and then it can be backported. But we should try hard to avoid
> regressions.

i'm only a bit sad about that part. earlier adoption → faster porting of
the styles.

i think regressions are hardly plausible and the backporting should be
straight-forward if all that's added are enum values and documentation? or
am i missing something?

best, phil