i’m glad about the list of styles that made it: they also make a lot of sense to me, and even if someone might find it a tad much: nothing forces anyone to use every available style :)

i’m pretty sure that (apart from the numerous number styles) most scripting languages will make use of all.

The only reason of not doing this for v3 is that v3 is very late in the
release cycle. If I am the one implementing these default styles, it'll be for
KF5, and then it can be backported. But we should try hard to avoid
regressions.

i’m only a bit sad about that part. earlier adoption → faster porting of the styles.

i think regressions are hardly plausible and the backporting should be straight-forward if all that’s added are enum values and documentation? or am i missing something?

best, phil