List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: qt4.xml -> qt.xml
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () absint ! com>
Date:       2014-02-24 8:56:42

> On Monday 24 February 2014 08:34:54 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > > I also agree with pretty much everything that was said in this thread: Up
> > > to now, we never had any complaints about our cpp.xml highlighting too
> > > many keywords,
> > >
> > > I didn't complain... instead, I've started [my highlighter](
> > > http://kde-files.org/content/show.php/?content=90660 ) because of "too
> > > many
> > > (mostly invalid) keywords"...
> > >

> > > Alex (T.), would you agree to these changes (it might require more
> > > changes)?
> > >
> > > sure... if most of developers want this, I'm ok with that decision.
> > > I'm going to stop contributing to this highlighter and will continue to
> > > maintain my own at kde-files.org as it was before...
> > >

> > > Just one cpp.xml (or, if you really want, one vanilla cpp.xml and on cpp-
> > > qt.xml with higher priority).
> > >
> > > I don't care anymore... (and of cause I wouldn't do this, so anyone who
> > > care, please do whatever you want)
> >
> > Couldn't we just to it the other way around?
> >
> > We move the current cpp.xml to isocpp.xml.
> >
> > And we agree that inside that, only stuff should be highlighted that is
> > either in the current C++11 standard or in the draft of the next 1y
> > standard.
> > (and doxygen comments/alerts/...)
>
> That's what we hvae with cpp.xml already. It could be kept that way.
>
> > Then we move the qt4.xml to cpp.xml, it includes the isocpp.xml rules like
> > it does atm the C++ rules and we add qt5 support to it.
>
> We can leave the name at qt4.xml - just giving it a higher priority.
>
> > That way at least we could share a common ISO C++ highlighting, which then
> > can be used as base from others to include its rules to have e.g. boost
> > c++/wxwidget c++/....
>
> Thats already implemented like that with cpp.xml, no?
Yeah, I would only make it more clear, that we shall have a "big full-featured"
C++ as default, which might include more than Qt in the long run, e.g. boost stuff
or so and call that C++ with a high prio and have some stripped down "isocpp.xml" which
by definition SHALL NOT contain any custom extensions.

Would that be ok for you Alex, to still share work on the isocpp.xml file (and
have a own extended one)?

Greetings
Christoph

--