List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: C++ AlignedComments highlighting?
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2014-02-23 13:00:28

Forwarding to kwrite-devel, reply below.

> Subject: Re: C++ AlignedComments highlighting?
> Date: Sunday 23 February 2014, 05:55:33
> From: Alex Turbov <i.zaufi@gmail.com>
> To: Milian Wolff <mail@milianw.de>
>
> yeah, I use 4 spaces (as most common code convention) for indentation, and
> yes I'd like to make it visible if some comments are not at the place where
> it should be... if someone don't want that feature (and feels odd w/ it),
> one can set the same color as "ordinal" comments have (probably that can be
> set by default). but personally I can't live w/o this feature...

You don't have to live without this feature. Just add your own syntax file for
this special feature. But why do you want to enforce it on everyone? Esp.
considering how bound it is to the indentation depth. As an editor, Kate must
cope with all users out there. Special highlighting for a specific kind of
indentation style is just wrong.